Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The bike

Over the last few months I've built up a surly troll frame with the help of a local bike shop, and I'm very pleased with the result. I was fully expecting this bike to look more hideous than it already does, but surprisingly everything ended up the same color. The 2011 troll frame was available in only bright orange, so I was pleasantly surprised when I placed the order for the 2012 frame and found out it came in black.


Parts list:
Wheels : Sun Rhyno Lite rims, Shimano M756 hubs 36holes, Schwalbe Marathon Mondial 26x2
Frame : Surly Troll 2012
Headset : Chris King no threadset
Fork : Rock Shox Recon Silver TK
Handlebars : Salsa Woodchipper
Shifter Levers : Shimano Dura Ace 7700
Crankset + BB : Shimano Deore M590
Rear Derailleur : Shimano XT M772
Front Derailleur : Shimano XT M771
Cassette : Shimano XT M770 9speed 11-32
Brakes : Avid bb7 road
Saddle : Brooks B17
Front Rack : Old Man Mountain Sherpa
Rear Rack : Tubus Logo Evo

1 comment:

  1. James, just found your blog! (Your dad sent the link). This is soooo awesome. I've already enjoyed your early posts and am looking forward to working my way up to your latest exploits. Kudos to you for the whole endeavor - I envy you! But great that I can experience at least part of your trip vicariously through your blog. Keep it up!
    -- Mark (Claypool)

    ReplyDelete