Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 2 in Scotland

On recommendation from my host, John, I took the bus into the city. However, I got off a bit before I should have, thinking I was in the right place. Turns out I wasn't. Wandered around a bit only having a reasonable idea where I was.
"Hmm, where am I? should  be somewhere near ... aha, I know what that is!"


At least I could figure out how to get there, so that was the first stop of the day. Looked a bit steeper as I got closer.

And oh hey, look I found the castle I was looking for:

At the top, still not too cold, but very windy:

Scottish Parliament building:

St Giles Cathedral:
Lunch at the Black Bull, of course it had to be haggis, which turned out to be quite good. Basically tasted like meatloaf, but ground up.


At the top of the castle, view looking back at Arthur's seat where I was in the morning:

They said not to pay to visit since it was close to closing time, so I went over to the national museum of Scotland where I was kicked out at 5. I'll be back tomorrow morning to see the castle before heading over to Glasgow.

1 comment:

  1. Much better!!! Love the pictures!

    Still think you should post more pictures though. I want you to make me feel like I am there! :)

    ReplyDelete