Monday, February 11, 2013

Scotland

Checklist of things I've done in Scotland:

  • Hear Scottish guy say "Och" - Day 1
  • Eat Haggis (and love it) - Day 2
  • Get asked by a bartender "Only a half-pint?" - Day 2
  • See a castle - Day 3
  • Swear at the headwind - Day 4
  • See the highlands - Day 5
  • Pay $50+ for a bottle of 10 year old, single malt Scotch (and not regret it) - Day 7
  • Chase some poor farmer's sheep a mile down the road - Day 8
  • See Loch Ness - Day 9
  • See Isle of Skye - Day 11
Todo:
  • Try Irn Bru
  • Enjoy a tailwind for more than 5 minutes
Well, not much left to do here. Guess it'll soon be time to head south to England.

4 comments:

  1. Question: how do you know where to go? I mean, how do you know which roads/paths to take?! Also, how do you find these backpacker hostels? Is there an online database somewhere or did you plan that ahead of time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and you can't leave Scotland until you find yourself a nice red head to keep you warm at night ;)

    I say you shoot for a goal of 1 girl per country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are national cycle paths and footpaths for some of it. Other bits I just map out the roads I need to take. I have my smartphone that has helped me find some hostels. Other times there are signs for them. In Broadford for example there was a sign for a SYHA hostel, which was closed, then I went literally 50 feet down the road and there was a sign for another hostel that was open.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TOTALLY agree with Hugo on the 2nd point ;) Try all the... colors of the rainbow, so to speak :D

    ReplyDelete